✓ Calm your racing mind. ✓ Be more present & joyful. ✓ Simple & easy techniques for beginners. ✓ Totally secular environment.
15505 NW Springville Rd, Portland, OR 97229
- Know how to reduce anxiety and stress using mindfulness. Know proven mental, physical and brain health benefits of cultivating mindfulness.
- Know whether mindfulness requires you to ’empty your mind’ or not? Learn how scientists define mindfulness. Know the three pillars of mindfulness. Know how to deal with judging nature of the mind.
- Learn different ways of meditating. And how much and how frequently to meditate? Know what to do when you can’t find time to meditate?
- Know how to deal with common problems in meditation?
Halfway through the course, I began to see changes in myself: an improved mood and a higher level of patience. By the end of the course, I was living more mindfully, eating healthy and going through the day with a sense of calmness.
Casey Berger, Portland OR.
Laura Sawyer, Portland OR
Rebecca Gabriel, Portland OR
Lori Hazzard, Portland OR
Priya Chaudhary, Portland OR
- This training/workshop is an orientation/preview of a 6-week mindfulness training course. At the end of this training session you will have a choice of continuing with the 6-week course.
- Of course there is no obligation whatsoever for you to continue. You can totally walk away at the end of this training.
- The 6-week mindfulness training course is a systematic training in mindfulness and meditation designed to help you reduce stress, anxiety, depression and sleep problems and bring more joy in your life.
- This is an educational course where each week we meet for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- It is not just all meditation. Classes are mainly comprised of lectures, guided meditations, feedback about mediation experience, small group discussion and your personal practice tuning.
- The previously unknown secrets of mindfulness and meditation to get relief from stress, anxiety, depression, sleep problems, slow down aging and improve immunity.
- What mindfulness is, what meditation is and what mindfulness meditation is.
And what is the relationship between mindfulness and meditation.
- One important secret of the nature of your mind. Where to specifically start when you are totally new to meditation. How to actually do meditation step by step.
- How to avoid one mistake that majority of new meditators make that leaves their meditation ineffective. The do’s and dont’s of the meditation. How to cultivate mindfulness.
- How to form a daily meditation habit even with your busy daily schedule. How to get motivated to form a regular mediation habit.
- How to consistently experience the benefits of meditation How to reduce dependence on antidepressants or anti-anxiety or blood pressure reducing medication.
- What are the benefits of mindfulness that are backed by scientific evidence.
- How much and how long to meditate in order to start experiencing the benefits.
- What attitudes if cultivated along the mindfulness practice can help you get much more out of the practice? How to bring mindfulness to the physical body and why doing so is extremely helpful.
- How to cultivate mindfulness without meditating, just during the hustle and bustle of daily lives.
- How mindfulness actually reduces stress. How to meditate without sitting still and how to meditate while exercising or working out at the gym.
- How mindfulness can significantly reduce chronic or non-chronic physical pain.
- How to correctly meditate with music and the sounds. What prevents actual meditation from happening when you use soothing music to meditate.
- The answer to the question “Is meditation just relaxation?” How to use mindfulness to deal with difficult emotions.
- How to prevent anger, sadness, anxiety, envy and jealousy from driving us crazy and ruling our lives. Specific mindfulness techniques that you can use to deal with difficult emotions.
- How to use mindfulness to prevent difficult ruminations and worrying thoughts from driving us and people around us crazy. One simple trick that takes the charge off of difficult thoughts.
- How to communicate mindfully and save your fragile relationship or build new lasting relationships. How to get a meditation habit going even after the course is over and even after the course is over.
- How to find and attend free meditation retreats.
- Classes are taught in a completely secular environment without any cultural or spiritual baggage. You won’t hear any technical terms that you don’t understand. Simple language is used to communicate mindfulness and meditation concepts.
- There will be plenty of simple exercises for you to choose from. You are the kind of person who just can’t sit still but want to experience the benefits of mindfulness, you will have a few choices to pick from!!
- What you get with the full course is much The full course is much more than just the guided meditations and discussions.
- You get total 6 weekly sessions of 2 & 1/2 hour each, totaling 15 hours of class time. You get each class session consisting of theory, guided meditation, feedback about the guided meditation from you and the group discussion for learning from others as well.
- You will get comprehensive notes for all 6 sessions, which includes what is covered in the actual classes including important group discussions that you can learn from, the poems that I cover in the class, the books and authors that I refer to and the quotes that I use.
- The notes which are a compendium about mindfulness and its applications. These notes are cumulatively summarized over all of my sessions from the past two years and includes many gems which you will never find at any bookstore or library.
- You will not have to worry about taking notes and you can fully focus on the class proceedings without worrying about missing anything.
- You will also get the audio recordings of all sessions. Which means you can refer to all the details that were discussed in the class whenever you want and this means that if you miss one or more sessions you can catch up on those missed sessions via audio recording.
- If you miss any sessions you can make up those session in the next course series without any extra cost. You can make up as many sessions as you would like. There is no limit. I remind you two weeks in advance when your make up sessions approach.
- You can choose to get reminders which are optimally spaced in time based on a scientific research to increase the chances of you forming a regular meditation habit.
- You will get mp3 tracks for the guided meditations. You can also get a CD of guided meditations along with mp3 tracks at no additional cost.
- You will learn 10 different types of meditation for you to pick and choose. You don’t have to practice all 10 of them, you just have to pick one.
- You will learn 3 techniques where you can develop mindfulness without meditation and informally in your daily life.
- You will get my phone number and email and lifetime access to me 24/7 about any questions or problems that you may have with your meditation practice.
2nd Session: 5/13/2017
3rd Session: 5/20/2017
4th Session: 5/27/2017
5th Session: 6/3/2017
6th Session: 6/10/2017
All sessions will be held at the following location:
15505 NW Springville Rd
Portland OR 97229
Hi, I am Samir Ranpara. I teach mindfulness and meditation classes at Mindfulness Programs. Let me give you a bit background about myself and the Programs.
I have meditated on and off for more than 10 years now. I grew up in India. During my adolescent years, I was introduced to meditation. I practiced it regularly for many years.
I started meditating because my friends were also meditating. And more so because I was naive enough to believe that mediation yielded supernatural powers. And I wanted to show off the powers to my buddies.
As you can imagine, eventually I didn’t achieve any supernatural powers. I got frustrated and I gave up the practice and completely stopped doing meditation.
Not only that I became very skeptical of meditation. About 6 years back I started having lots of problems in my personal life. The difficulties made me open up to the things for which I was not open before.
I started learning more about meditation. This time around I found that there was tons of scientific research done in the past couple of decades, which lent far greater credibility to the practice than I thought it had.
Inspired by the new learning, I started practicing meditation again on a regular basis. This time around I was determined to learn it the correct way. It is well known that most experienced meditators are the observers of eastern religious orders.
Given that I started my meditation training at a Zen center in Sunnyvale California. Over the span of two years, I took all the training offered by the Zen center in meditation and the Buddhist philosophy.
Later on, I started my training towards getting certification in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) instructor. I finished the practicum training in 2013.
In early 2014 I attended “MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine: 7-Day Residential Professional Training” taught by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli.
I also took meditation classes offered at UCLA mindful awareness research center. I learned meditation both in religious and scientific settings.
I believe one can develop a better perspective at a skill by learning the skill from various different teaching schools or philosophies.
Over the last 5 years, the practice has been tremendously beneficial to me. Meditation has largely influenced my life. I am much calmer, contented and peaceful person.
My panic attacks have reduced a lot. I become anxious much less frequently. And when anxiety does strike, it’s far less intense. Stress in my life has reduced significantly.
I have a different relationship to the things around me. This gives me hope for many people who could use this practice and reduce their suffering.
I am extremely passionate about mindfulness and meditation in general. I want to keep learning more about meditation and one of the best ways to gain more knowledge is through teaching.
That is why I decided to start teaching meditation and mindfulness. In 2013 I started teaching mindfulness in California. In 2014 I moved I moved and started my classes in Portland, Oregon.